You can import a list of recipients from an external spreadsheet (.csv) by uploading it to Lists and mapping existing fields to the list.
Uploading a .csv
- To import a .csv, in Lists, find a list you wish to import recipients into and click on it to open the list.
- Click on the Import recipients button.
The Import Recipients panel will open.
- Click the Browse button. This will open up the file browser in your computer. Find and select the .csv file.
It will appear in the Import Recipients panel and will display the first ten records so that you can map their columns to Play MPE's list metadata.
- any records with duplicate emails will be ignored.
- the first row is ignored as this is commonly a header
Mapping the fields from the .csv to your list
To complete importing, you need to map the columns from your spreadsheet to the columns required by Play MPE lists. Play MPE lists allow you to manage First name, Last name, Company, Position, City, State, Country, Phone number, Reference and Emails.
- To map a column, go to the top of the row you wish to map and click the Assign to drop down.
This will give you a choice of fields to assign any record in this column to.
- Select the field you wish. The header will show your choice.
Note: the only required field is email.
- Once you have mapped the columns to the metadata you want to include in your list, click Next.
A dialog will summarize how many recipients were imported.
And the full list will be populated in the present list.