Release sharing is a function that is specific to labels and is different from regular staff roles.
Release sharing allows someone with that privilege the ability to share a release to a particular label or labels.
Assigning the Sharing Privilege
- Open Staff and find the account of the label staff you want to assign the privilege for.
- Click the * * * context menu beside the staff and select Assign Sharing Privilege
- This will show a page where you can select which labels you wish this user to be able to share releases to.
- Search for or browse for the specific labels you wish to select.
You cannot select an entire parent label and all of its sub-labels. You have to individually select each label, including sub-labels that exist under a parent label. This is to prevent accidental sharing to potentially hundreds or thousands of labels unintentionally.
- Check the round selection circle beside the individual label you wish to select.
- Once all your selections are made, click the OK button.
The staff user now will be able to share to those selected labels.
Deselecting share to labels
Repeat the steps above and uncheck the selection circles beside the labels you do not wish the user to be able to share to.